PSY 301 Week 3 Assignment Persuasion Who, What, To Whom (New)
This Tutorial was purchased 4 times & rated A+ by student like you.
This Tutorial contains following Attachments
- PSY 301 new Week 3 Assignment Persuasion Who, What, To Whom.docx
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
Persuasion: Who, What, To Whom
“As we explore persuasion, we can divide the persuasive communication into three parts: the communicator, the message, and the audience. First, we will deal with what characteristics of persuaders make people more likely to be persuaded. Next, we will think about characteristics of the message that lead people to change. Finally, we will explore what characteristics of the audience can lead them to be persuaded.” (Feenstra, 2011, p. 88).
For your assignment this week, provide an in-depth analysis of the three parts of persuasion. Please reference the bullet points below to complete your assignment.
- Who – Describe the Characteristics of the Persuader. What influences our ability to become persuaded by someone? What specific characteristics must this person possess? Be sure to address the impact of credibility, physical attractiveness and likeability in your response. Why do we respond well to those possessing such characteristics? Would we respond the same to an unattractive, angry, non-credible person? Why not?
- What – Discuss the Characteristics of the Message: What types of attributes are inherent in persuasive messages? How are we influenced by the emotion, framing, messages, narratives and rational appeals in the messaging we receive? What is the significance of the sleeper effect?
- To Whom – Examine the Characteristics of the Audience. Why do different audiences perceive messages in different ways? What is the role of culture, gender, and self-esteem in this process? How does the elaboration likelihood model help to explain the relationship between the persuader, the message, and the audience?
- Review the excerpt from p. 97 of your textbook: Social Psychology in Depth: Word of Mouth and Persuasion. How does the e-word of mouth phenomena illustrate the concepts above? Please be specific in your response.
Include an introduction, thesis statement, and conclusion. Your completed assignment must be 3-4 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and must follow APA guidelines. Include a minimum of 3 APA references.
Write a reviewOrder Id
Order Id will be kept Confidential
Rating: A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below:
Describe at least two ways to develop higher skill levels in each competency. ..
Identify common opportunities people have to improve their use of each of the competencies. ..
Describe each of the five competencies and list at least one behavioral example of each. ..
Take a behavior or example from your workplace to explain the use (or failure to use) emotional intelligence. Note how the EI skills could have been enhanced. ..
In what ways is emotional intelligence important in all many aspects of life? ..
What are the differences between traditional cognitive intelligence and emotional intelligence? Provide an example. ..